Apologies to the five or six people that read the blog (hi mom!). We should be back and running after a busy weekend where me and Bojda went on a date (just kidding) to see the legendary Talib Kweli (video will be posted) and I saw Girl Talk. Now let’s get down to business.
Did you know: that Hawks’ goalie Corey Crawford has more points (two assists) than over half of the Vancouver Canucks leading into Game 6. If we keep winning by 5+ he’ll probably end up with more points than Kesler.
Keys to victory:
- Keep up the hot goaltending – Goaltending is everything in the playoffs. If Crawford can keep the puck from going in under two or three times tonight, we should get the W.
- Shoot the puck often – We all saw what happened in the last two games when we shot the puck. It would be nice to have another Cory Schneider appearance for the Canucks.
- Stay out of the box, get them in it – Last two games we’ve had 11 power plays to their eight. Even if we don’t convert on them, it’s not likely they’ll be putting up any shorthanded goals either.
- Hustle – Step 1: Beat them to loose pucks. Step 2: ??? Step 3: Profit (Scoring chances).
- Don’t let John Scott play – Seriously, Quenneville, if this guy isn’t beating the crap out of Bieksa or Burrows I don’t want to see him on the ice. A rock is more useful.